15th Cheltenham (SHURDINGTON) Scout Group
Here you will find several Forms, Challenges, Fact Sheets and Instructive Documents which may be of interest to Scouts, Leaders and lay people alike. Flyers and forms relevant to an activity currently on our programme are also gathered here, rather than spread about the Website. If you have any difficulty please tell us - scouts @ shurdington.org (take off the spaces)
Instructions: To Download Right-Click and Save Target As - Copyright waived for Scouting use, but please do ask.
SHURDINGTON SCOUT GROUP
- Adult Appointment - The official form for Adult Appointment for a Leadership post.
- Adult Training (Scouting) - The new scheme 2004 explained.
- CRB Forms - Criminal Records Bureau - A Sample Form; how to fill one in.
- Child Protection - Print the Young People First Yellow Card - and keep it always with you in your wallet.
- DR ABC - The 1st Aid Procedure explained.
- First Aid Kits - List of general recommended contents.
- Group Application Form - Holds much important information about prospective members.
- PROGRAMME IDEAS - 32 pages of hundreds of programme ideas for indoors or outdoors
- Shurdington Maps - Route maps to Shurdington for prospective visitors.
- Scouts Own - A few ideas - more welcome - e-mail to scouts @ shurdington dot org (in the normal manner!)
- THE DUMP - A great resource for any Scouting need by Scouts Canada. EXPLORE IT NOW FOR ANYTHING YOU NEED.
- TRAILER Lights - Wiring Colour diagram for 12Volt car trailer lighting circuit.
Camping & Tents - Forms
- Form NAN - Nights Away Notification for your DC. Important this form is filled in for every overnight event.
- Nights Away - Requirements and competences you will need.
- Camp/Holiday Info/Parental Consent - To hand out as booking form for a Scout Camp or Pack Holiday.
- HEALTH FORM pdf - Form to be filled in by parents for every overnight camp or activity. Doc Form
- DC Notification - DC needs to know if you are having an activity outside your normal HQ.
- Camping Equipment - A Basic list of equipment to take on camp - Lest you forget!
- Camping in Greenfield Sites - Green field with no toilets, no shower block, no alternative accommodation. Real Camping!!
- Home Contact - Form with instructions to be handed to your Home Contact on nights away
- Marquee instructions - How to put one up properly and quickly.
- Mess Tent instructions - How to put up a metal frame mess tent.
- Personal Kit List - Suggested personal kit to take on camp.
- What to do on Camp - Hundreds of things to keep a Scout occupied.
Navigation, Hiking, Map & Compass
- Compass Rose - A full compass Rose with 128 Compass Points
- Contour Lines - What are they? - and how to work them out to get picture of your landscape.
- G.P.S. Basic Facts - Global Positioning System - Very useful, and very accurate position finding gadgets.
- G.P.S. versus the humble COMPASS - a few points to ponder.
- ISLAND MAPS - An instructive mapping game, ideal for learning Compass Points and also Map Symbols - 1:5000 map
- Hiking - Do it safely and enjoy the experience.
- Latitude & Longitude - What are they and how are they used. A G.P.S. necessity.
- Magnetic Compass - secrets revealed.
- Magnetic / Grid / True NORTH - The difference explained.
- Map Reading - Learn about 6-Figure Map References (MS Word doc format)
- Map & Compass - Taking the sweat and mystery out of Map and Compass work, incl Naismith's Law.
- Mapping - Takes the mystery out of 'reading' a map, and not getting lost ever again.
- Ordnance Survey National GRID - the numbered squares on the map. So what do the letters SO (Cheltenham area), TL (London area) etc mean? Quoting Map reference 216918 is not enough - it could be anywhere in UK - the two letters tell you which 100 Kilometre Grid Square you are in and which map to use.
- Pack a Rucksack - Never find anything in your rucksack? Pack it systematically and you will.
- Route Planning - Now you know how to hike, plan the route safely
- Now test your COMPASS SKILLS on-line.....Click here
Scouting Fact sheets (all .PDF files) Learn about this and that - and some more...
- Accident Reporting - Hope it never becomes necessary, but here it is.
- Axe & Saw - how to use them safely.
- Axe - Picture with useful information, to download.
- BADEN-POWELL - "History of Scouting" - 12 page A5 booklet with pictures for colouring.
- Basic Cooking - all you need not to starve on camp.
- Beaver - Information on the life of the animal.
- Behaviour in the Troop - essential information.
- Campsite Layout - dos and don'ts.
- Camp Toilets - with hygiene in mind!
- Certificates - Knife & Axe - Lamps & Stoves (To be given out to Scouts with due care).
- Estimation - The art of estimating distances, widths and heights without measuring devises. (Word doc)
- Fire lighting - simple when you know how.
- First Aid Basics - DrABC and other essential knowledge for everyone. You may be able to save a life.
- First Aid - a fact sheet from Scoutbase.
- Home Contact - Going anywhere? You definitely need one of these. Vital.
- Knots - Simple Start - No one can do without some knotting experience.
- Knots - some unusual but useful ones.
- Knots - 42 very useful knots to whet your appetite
- Lamps - A guide to safe working with paraffin/gas/petrol lamps.
- Lamps & Cookers - GAS or DUAL FUEL - General information / mantles / types / safety.
- Lashings - The basic pioneering lashings which make Scouting so much more fun!
- Nights Away 'form NA' - Going away overnight? You need one of these!
- Pioneering & A-Frame Racing - Learn about lashings and have some fun racing your Sheer Legs!
- Pre Event Checklist - 8 pages of items to check for a safe event!
- P/L Training - Every good Troop needs Patrol Leaders - Train them well and they will be an asset.
- Risk Assessment - A guide to this 'modern' requirement to keep you out of court!!!
- Scout Ceremonies - Just a basic few ceremonies for that serious 5 minutes.
- Tent Pitching - Simple when you know how; teamwork is important.
- Types of Tents - First there was the Bell Tent, then the Storm Haven, now a myriad varieties.
The Art of
Making FIRE without Matches
Several .pdf Pages
Scout Craft, Games, Programme Ideas and lots more.
TEAM BUILDING - BRAIN TEASERS - CHALLENGES
If you have any items you wish to be able to contribute, just e-mail to - scouts @ shurdington.org - and I will do my best!
FOR SALE - BRILLIANT NEW MOBILE PHONE HANDS FREE KIT - JUST 50p